Friday, August 21, 2009

Newest Niece!


I am in Lake Havasu chilling with Olivia!  She is great.  Very mild, calm, and thoughtful.  She is observant of everything.  She loves to turn her head towards whatever is going on and then she seems to study what is going on.  Her favorite observation of the day was when Katie was throwing a fit about a stuffed dog that was taken away because it was the source of the fight.  The fight ended when the dog left the scene of action, but Katie wasn't done.
Katie:  "Mommy, why can't I have the dog?"
Marie:  "Because Daddy took it away."
Katie: "Won't you get it for me?"
Marie: "Nope, not going to happen."
Katie: "Why won't you give me what I want?"
Marie: "Does throwing a fit ever get you what you want?"
Katie: "How do I get what I want?"
Marie:  "By being nice and by changing what you want."
Katie:  "But that means I don't get what I want."

Olivia was into this.  Obviously so was I.  I loved hearing the arguments between Katie and Marie.  It's vaguely like listening to the current version of Marie argue with herself 28 years ago.

2 comments:

Carroll said...

I told you what a wonderful baby Olivia is. We can she came here very distinctfully. Sort of a mature personality. It'll be fun to see more unfold. oh that Katie! Wished I were there!

laura said...

cute! thanks for the post, mim1