Sunday, April 18, 2010

Politically Correct

Starred

Carroll Barlow

You have already read this as an e-mail but I wanted to post it here on the family blog as a matter of record.
show details 3:46 PM (1 minute ago)

I found this article on the Newsroom Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I thought you might find it interesting. Click on the link below to view:

http://www.newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/apostle-says-religious-freedom-is-being-threatened


Last night when dad and I had our nightly prayer I found myself asking for wisdom in dealing with political issues. I feel that we need to speak up for true principals, be a force of good in helping to preserve them, and be effective in presenting these truths to others. Often I feel that even I can become diluted by the world and its one sided media, carefully teaching us how to think. The adversary is very tricky. I know that we need to understand and hold on to eternal principals. As we are weighing an issue we should test it against guiding principals.
Today when I got home from church I turned on BYU TV and I think at least a partial answer to my prayer was given. This talk from Elder Oaks discusses these very issues.
I know that everyone is very busy and it may be hard to find time to read this devotional. However I think you would feel blessed in doing so, especially in these times. It is wonderful to have Apostles who are experts in their occupational fields along with their spiritual powers to guide us. I often reflect on the love and intelligence of the Lord in guiding his children in mortality. While listening you might grab a piece of paper and take notes.
I love you all. You are my most wonderful treasures. I am so confident in each of you! I thank you for all the good work you are doing. I know life seems hard at times, (It really is!). Stay close to the Lord, stay positive, reflect on your many blessings. Always use your talents to serve the Lord. (what a talented bunch you all are!) Even with all the talent you possess ask that those talents can be expanded so that you can be even more potent in His service. Pray often. Help each other in love and kindness. Strengthen each other especially in your individual families and also the family at large. Thank you for you patience and and unconditional love toward me and dad. Propriety demands that love, we are father and mother. Better than that, however, you have over looked our misgivings and love us still. Thank you!
Have a great week know that you are continually in our hearts and prayers.

Love, Mom Barlow

No comments: